Understand your baby before they can talk!Ethan was an early talker. Once he said his first word (ball) it was as if something *clicked* in his mind and his vocabulary took off. And he hasn't stopped talking since (as in the kid is NEVER quiet)!
Aiden on the other hand...we wondered if he was ever going to talk. He babbled and cooed all the time, but the language development came at a much slower pace. It was hard not to compare him to his brother - and then we had Aiden's Apert Syndrome diagnosis that made things even more confusing. Was he developmentally delayed because something was wrong with his brain? Or was he simply developing at a different, but normal, pace?
When Aiden was an infant, he qualified for physical, developmental and occupational therapy. As he got older, I pushed for speech therapy as well, even though his delays were not significant for his age, and I'm so glad that I did. That is when we were introduced to baby sign language. Both Aiden and Ethan caught on to it very quickly, signing the basic words like "more", "thirsty", "hungry". It was so refreshing to finally be able to understand their grunts and whines when they didn't yet have the skills to verbalize appropriately - and they too seemed less frustrated.
Eventually, Aiden's speech took off as well (YAY) and the signing slowly faded. But I know that many of my friends have little ones that are at the perfect age to start learning these very useful communication skills, so I had to share this AWESOME deal:
|Click the link below to take advantage of this deal!|
This set typically retails from Baby Signs for $99.99, so this is one really great deal. Babies often become frustrated by the communication barrier between them and adults. It's frustrating for parents and care givers as well when there's confusion about what baby wants. The solution? The sign language for babies program from Baby Signs! With this program babies ages 6 months to 36 months are able to learn to communicate using simple signs and gestures. This set makes the perfect gift for first time parents, seasoned parents, and anyone who works with small children. The Baby Signs Complete DVD Series is included in this deal price which means you will get all 7 DVDs for half off! A deal like this doesn't come around too often, so get it before it's gone!
The Baby Signs Complete DVD Series is a complete set of 7 DVDs:
- My Mealtime Signs (Teaches the signs for Eat, Drink, More, Milk, Cereal, Bib and All Done.)
- My Bedtime Signs (Teaches the signs for Stars, Moon, Book, Light, Sleep and Love.)
- My Bath Time Signs (Teaches the signs for Bath, Bubbles, Water, Toothbrush, Frog and Duck.)
- My Pets Signs (Teaches the signs for Cat, Dog, Bird, Bunny, Fish and Turtle.)
- My Park Signs (Teaches the signs for Ball, Butterfly, Slide, Flower, Tree and Swing.)
- My Getting Dressed Signs (Teaches the signs for Hat, Coat, Shoes, Socks, Comb and Diaper.)
- Bonus DVD: Welcome to the Baby Signs Program Parent DVD with 100-sign Video Dictionary
*Click here to take advantage of this offer
*Deal ends on Thursday, 11/24/11 at 11:59pm MST
*Orders open to US mailing addresses only
*Orders will be postmarked for shipping within 72 hours (working business days) of the conclusion of the deal
* Disclosure * This deal is available to More Skees Please through an affiliate relationship with Broadcast Broadcast Bloggers. While I will receive a percentage of each product purchased using the above link, I was not compensated for sharing the deal through the above blog post and all opinions are my own.