Travel with kids...keeping 'em busy in the carI mentioned before how we are making the long drive back to Indiana and Kentucky for the upcoming holiday. To help make this trip an enjoyable one (fingers crossed) I've been scouring the internet for creative ideas to keep the kids busy in the car.
So, are you ready for this...my 2nd crafty post in a row!?!?! Now that's just crazy talk! I'm not quite sure what I would do with out Pinterest!
A Write-and-Wipe Activity Book
This was super easy and very cheap. I made it in about 15 minutes while the kids were at school and I just know they are going to think this is the coolest thing ever. Plus, it is an opportunity for them to learn and practice all the skills they are learning at school.
What you'll need:
- a durable 3-ring binder
- heavyweight sheet protectors with 3-hole-punch side tab
- your computer
- dry erase markers/crayons (I bought Crayola dry erase crayons - they come with a sleeve for wiping)
And here's what to do:
1. Go online and search for age-appropriate *free* printables.
I found mine at Kids Learning Station and Kidsparkz.
2. Print the worksheets you want to include in your customized activity book. I included number, shape, alphabet and picture tracing, rhyming word matching, and mazes.
3. Put the printables in the sheet protectors and add them to the binder.
4. Create a custom binder cover using my *free template* :)
5. Give your kids dry erase markers or crayons and let their imaginations run wild!
How do you keep your kids busy on long trips?