Greater Cincinnati Holiday Market is THIS WEEKEND!!!
Every year for the past 8 or 9 years, my mom, sister and I have gotten together for a day of shopping and fun at the Greater Cincinnati Holiday Market. I drive up to NKY in the morning and we all go together to start (or if we're doing really good, finish) our Christmas shopping. It is so much fun that not even being on bedrest while pregnant with Nolan stopped us from keeping this tradition - they wheeled me around in a wheelchair!
This is SUCH a large show, with more than 300 boutique vendors selling both locally made and other unique items. From clothing and jewelry to food and sweets, there truly is no shortage of gift ideas for every person on your list!
A few tips:
- They offer VIP tickets for early shopping on Friday.
- There is a no-stroller shopping time to make it a less cramped with the crowds, so be sure to check the schedule online so you don't show up with your little ones in tow during that time.
- They sometimes offer a free shopping bag at the door to carry your purchases while shopping, but there were a few years that didn't happen, so I would bring one of your own just in case.
- Plan to spend a couple hours for sure - bring snacks or extra cash to eat at one of the food vendors they have available. The food selection has gotten better over the years!
- Don't wear your winter coat! No matter how cold it is outside, leave it in the car. It gets pretty crowded...you won't need the layers.
- Don't be afraid to ask vendors to take less. I have had some success negotiating in the past, especially if I'm buying multiple items from someone.
Add this event to your holiday plans every year. Make it a girls day - grab your girlfriends/sisters/grandmas/etc and shop til you drop! They even offer a bar if you want to quench your thirst with a nice glass of wine or a frosty beer. How cool is that?
Cannot wait to get my shopping on this weekend with my favorite people :)
Visit their website for all the information including admission prices, where to buy tickets (Cincinnati area Kroger offers a $3 discount) and where to park. Or follow them on Facebook for sneak peek pictures and ticket giveaways!
DISCLOSURE: I was given 3 tickets in exchange for helping them get the word out about this year's event. All opinions are, as always, truthful and my own.