Mix Up Your Boring Workout Routine!
Let's face it, sometimes the only workout we get in on any given day is chasing our toddlers around or lugging laundry baskets. Gyms can be intimidating. Childcare can be tricky. But putting your health first is truly so important in order to have so many of the things us moms need just to make it through the day - sustained energy, strength for all the heavy lifting (kids, laundry baskets, etc.) and clarity of mind to stay focused on those we love so much.
So, Louisville friends, if you feel like you need a little motivation, or perhaps want some new ideas to keep your fitness routine from becoming too boring, below is a round-up of some unique workout opportunities around town. There's truly something for everyone! Don't live in Louisville? Some of these are chains and you might be able to find them (or something similar) where you live as well!
If you happen to give any of these local ones a shot, be sure to tell them Taryn @ More Skees Please sent you!
- LOCATION(S): 1800 Elite Dr. Louisville, KY
- TYPE OF WORKOUT: A performance training facility dedicated to providing an elite experience to athletes and adults of all fitness levels.
- COST: $22/session or 16 sessions for $240
- CLASS SUGGESTION: Power Cardio 5:30am daily
- LOCATION(S): New Albany, Westport Village, Summit
- TYPE OF WORKOUT: The Pure Barre technique is a unique way to build strength, endurance and tone your muscles in a safe, low impact manner through the use of small focused movements.
- COST: $20/class; New client package -- 1 month of unlimited classes for $100; 1 month unlimited for all others is $220; "Bride To Be" package -- $355 for 3 months
- CLASS SUGGESTION: Breaking Down the Barre (visit website for class schedule)
- LOCATION(S): UofL Shelbyhurst Campus, Parklands of Floyds Fork, EP Tom Sawyer, King Louie's, Louisville Zoo
- TYPE OF WORKOUT: A stroller-based fitness program designed for moms with little ones. Each 60-minute, total body workout incorporates power walking, strength, toning, songs and activities. Certified fitness instructors offer a variety of fun class formats both indoors and outdoors.
- COST: 1st session FREE; $18/class; $65/month; $55/month for teachers!; $45/month for night/weekend classes only; $150 for 10 visits; $199 summer pass
- CLASS SUGGESTION: Zoo Workout! June 8th 9:30-10:30 (click link for more info)
- LOCATION(S): Chamberlain Ln, Middletown Commons, St. Matthews, and coming soon to Prospect @ TimberRidge Dr. and East End at Lime Kiln and Brownsboro Rd.
- TYPE OF WORKOUT: 30-Minute Kickboxing Workout With No Class Times
- COST: 1st session FREE; contact location nearest you for membership pricing
- CLASS SUGGESTION: Every 30 minute class is different, so just try it out to see what you like!
- LOCATION(S): Springhurst and St. Matthews
- TYPE OF WORKOUT: Various barre workouts including B.Barre, B.Bounce and B.Silque
- COST: 1 week trial $20; New client special - 1st month $99; $198/month; 1 year unlimited $138/month; Mommy rate 3 months for $399; Student rate $99/month; All packages include FREE CHILDCARE, 15% off retail purchases, exclusive sales/events
- CLASS SUGGESTION: B.Silque Cocoon...an hour of solitude, calming music and weightlessness
- LOCATION(S): There are 12 YMCA locations across Louisville and Southern Indiana. Visit their website to find a location near you!
- TYPE OF WORKOUT: So many different options for members!
- COST: Membership ranges from $52/month for a single to $89/month for a family; find detailed pricing info here
- CLASS SUGGESTION: Cycle 30 an entry level spin class
- LOCATION(S): 3125 River Rd. Louisville
- TYPE OF WORKOUT: Aerial courses - physical movement, often dance-like or acrobatic in nature, performed while suspended in the air. Although challenging, working out with aerial equipment provides very measurable progress, making it a fun and exciting way to achieve your goals. Whether your goal is to get in shape for the first time, or add a new dimension to your existing workout routine, Aerial work is a fabulous fit!
- COST: $10 first time drop in; $24/class; $120 for 6 week course; click HERE for class descriptions and pricing
- CLASS SUGGESTION: Circus Taster...Step right up to find out what circus art makes your heart sing. 2 hour introductory workshop where you will get a taste of each apparatus.
- LOCATION(S): New Albany, East Louisville (Westport Rd.)
- TYPE OF WORKOUT: Total body functional workout focused on strength and conditioning
- COST: "On Ramp" program - 1st 2 weeks are FREE, $149 for next 4 weeks (2 weeks finishes On Ramp then is followed by 2 weeks of unlimited regular classes); 3 drop-ins free for LeanX Classes (high-intensity conditioning class)
- CLASS SUGGESTION: If you are new to Cross Fit, we recommend visiting a gym to get a good understanding of these intense workouts
- LOCATION(S): 100 Urton Ln. Louisville
- TYPE OF WORKOUT: Intense cardio, strength, balance, agility, and flexibility trampoline workout.
- COST: $13/visit or $40/month
- CLASS SUGGESTION: BoomFit is offered Wednesdays 10-11am and Thursdays 9-10pm. Preregistration online is recommended.
CHECK THIS OUT...I recently found out about 502 Fit Pass. This unique workout opportunity offers a way for you to try a variety of workouts at different locations/gyms all across the city. How does it work? You can visit the same Fit Spot up to 3x in 30 days, depending on your membership. Four Barrel Crossfit, House of Boom and 9Round are all participating locations! Check out www.502fitpass.com to find out more!