As I was making my photo collage to include on this very post, my husband caught a glimpse and said "Wow, it's really brave of you to put that out there. You're sure about this?"
And my answer? A reluctant "yes".
When I go online to find inspiration - the pages I read are the ones that have pictures. Real life, untouched, honest pictures. There is something about making oneself vulnerable that seems to mean business.
By posting pics and stats each week there is an extra layer of accountability. I mean, think about it. I WANT to see CHANGE. I don't want to FAIL. And I ESPECIALLY don't want for the people following along to see me crash and burn. I will not be able to hide behind the words and numbers I type on the computer. Doing it this way will keep me motivated.
When looking at my weekly pics, keep in mind...
- This body has birthed 3 babies - one being less than 6 weeks ago (remember????)
- I gained about 38 lbs during my pregnancy. I say "about" because I didn't look at the scale on my last visit the day I went into labor.
- I've lost about 20 lbs since giving birth - mostly due to #4 below.
- I am breastfeeding - so my chest is probably not gonna get any smaller until that gig is up.
- My tummy will never be completely flat. I've ALWAYS had a pooch - even at 112 lbs. in high school. And I had an umbilical hernia repair after having Aiden which really screwed things up in that area.
- I will not be posting any progress pics in bathing suits like some do. Mostly because I was blessed with the stretch mark gene. Yup, I've got 'em. And they ain't pretty.
- I fully intend to have a "mommy makeover" once I meet my weight-loss goal. This will include a breast lift (see #4), a tummy tuck (see #1) and any other things the plastic surgeon talks me into (with the exception of liposuction - that just freaks me out.)
- I hope to one day be able to rock a a super-cute bikini like the ones I wore on my honeymoon (see pic at right). Which is why #7 is necessary :)