"Nesting" at it's best!
My husband thinks I'm a bit neurotic when it comes to my perfectionism tendencies, however I would like to point out folks that I realize I am far from perfect. I just like things done a certain way. And when they're not, it makes me crazy. I'd rather fold all the laundry, load the dishwasher and put the groceries away without his help because I cringe when things aren't done the way I would do them (I mean let's be honest, I can get 2x the dishes in the dishwasher than he can...just sayin'). He'd probably prefer I handle all of the above, but because these tasks are so tedious, and because my husband is so helpful, I've learned to loosen my standards a bit and accept the help in any form :)
When it comes to getting things done around the house, my mind works in a very specific way. I am a list maker. There is a certain order to the things that need to be done and it is very hard for me to move on to the next task until the first one is scratched off the list. Often, that means I cannot make dinner until the kitchen is completely clean or I can't sort the mail until my desk is free from clutter or I can't even clean until I make a list of what needs to be cleaned. Ricky just shakes his head at this logic. He is a "just do it" type and thinks my incessant "planning" is counter-productive. It may be, but I can't help it.
Lately, however, I've been in organization mode and I'm happy to say that I'm actually making a dent on my to-do list rather than just writing (and re-writing) it each day. Perhaps it is the fact that I'm pregnant and experiencing the phenomenon known as "nesting". Or maybe my inspiration to clean, list-make and attempt projects is a direct result of my daily "pinning" on Pinterest. I'm guessing it is a combination of the two. Either way, my house is benefiting from it and my husband likes what he sees!
So, I'm going to take advantage of my 2nd trimester energy and put my organizational skills to good use. And guess what? I'm going to share my projects (and progress) with you right here on More Skees Please! I know you're all super excited!!! Right? Right?
|Source: Google Images|
- My super fabulous never-thought-I'd-ever-have-a-pantry-that-looked-like-this kitchen project
- Organizing under the kitchen sink
- Meal planning and grocery shopping made easy
- The to-do list and daily calendar: making a running list and tackling it day-by-day
- Creating a super cute nursery
- Tidying the toy room
- Organizing memories: kids mementos, family photos, scrapbook/crafts, gift wrapping
- Maximizing closet space for kiddos who share a room
- Medical filing system: how-to organize important documents for a child with special medical needs
- Best websites/blogs for organizing ideas and inspiration
I'd love to answer any and all questions along the way so email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any!