And so it continues...There doesn't seem to be any "down time" in our crazy schedule until mid-October. And then...the holidays are upon us!
I know, I know, who isn't busy these days? And to be honest, I find it a little easier to have a lot of things on our calendar than to be sitting at home fighting with my kids about taking naps, trying to explain to Ethan that having 6 suckers in one day will have the dentist knocking at my door, and keeping them entertained with way more than acceptable amounts of PBS Sprout television shows. Sometimes its just better to be on the move. And they seem to enjoy it too.
So what's coming up for the Skees family you ask?
- My cousin Angie's wedding this weekend (I'm a bridesmaid) and possibly the arrival of her sister Joy's baby??? Please????
- Bachelorette party and bridal shower for my friend Jen next weekend
- Leaving for California to attend Alexa's Appeal on Sept. 12 (with an extended mini-vacation for me while Ricky turns it into a work trip)
- 10-year High School reunion Sept. 19
- My birthday on the 21st
- Trip to NKY to spend some time with my family while Ricky is away on business
- Another cousin's wedding (Nick) the last weekend in Sept.
- Jen's wedding the following weekend (I'm a bridesmaid)
- A weekend trip to enjoy Michigan in the fall
- And a weenie roast at Audrey and Todd's mid-October
More than anything, I feel blessed to have such wonderful family and friends to share all of these very special moments with (and who also help keep me sane!) You all know who you are. I couldn't do any of it without you :)